Conference participants may need a Chinese visa to enter
China. Specifically, those who are not Chinese citizens,
except passport holders from Singapore, Brunei, and
Japan, need a Chinese visa. Participants can apply for a
visa at the Chinese embassy or consulate in the region
in which they live. To avoid uncertainty, participants
will be advised to apply for a visa as early as
possible. It is recommended that they apply for a
Chinese visa at least 1 month in advance.
For most attendees, it is easier to apply for a Tourist ("L") visa; an invitation letter is NOT required for obtaining a Tourist visa.
Necessary materials to apply for Chinese Visa
- A passport which is valid for at least six months following the date of submission, with an entire blank page available for the visa
- One Visa Application Form of the Peoples Republic of China, which is filled clearly with true, authentic and complete information and signed by the applicant
- One recent, 2 inch full-faced and bareheaded passport photo (the daily life photo, photo copy or digital photo printed on the ordinary paper shall not be accepted)
- Other materials related to the visa application, deemed as necessary by the visa officer
For more information, please contact the local Chinese Embassy in your country. Alternatively, participants may ask their travel agents to arrange their travel to China and obtain a tourist visa irrespective of whether or not they have registered with the Conference Secretariat. If participants have any difficulties in obtaining their visa, they should contact the Conference Secretariat.
- The invitation letter will be issued for the successful registration
- Your name must be listed exactly as it appears on your passport. Any differences between the name on your passport and the name on your invitation letter or other documentation could lead to a delay and/or denial of your visa
- Please note ICCDS Conferences and the organizing committee of the conference are not authorized to assist with the VISA process beyond providing the Notification of Invitation Letter issued by ICCDS Conferences and conference Committee Board. Should your application be denied, ICCDS Conferences and the organizing committee of the conference cannot change the decision of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, nor will ICCDS Conferences and the organizing committee of the conference engage in discussion or correspondence with the MOFA or the Embassy on behalf of the applicant. The registration fee cannot be refunded when the VISA application of individual being denied
- It takes around one month for the Embassy to process the VISA application, please register as early as you can to make sure you have enough time